Friday, July 20, 2012

30X30 Day 16 and 17 - Whoops

Sorry, folks. Things got busy yesterday and I got tired and didn't feel like jumping on and posting.  Here's what I wore yesterday and today.

Cardigan (J. Crew Factory); Striped Shirt (H&M); Polka Dot Lace Skirt (LOFT); Pumps (Ann Taylor Perfect Platform Pump)

I'm trying some new poses, so work with me here.  I felt very fun in this outfit and liked mixing my striped shirt with these polka dots.  Tip for mixing prints: the prints should be different scales and stick with the same color palette.  Obvi, you can branch out from this, but it makes mixing prints less daunting.

MRS Necklace (Kate Spade); triple charm necklace (American Eagle); Hang in There Glasses Necklace (Kate Spade via T.J. Maxx)

Aren't these glasses cheeky and cute?  Mr. Matched spotted them in T.J. Maxx and pointed them out, knowing I would love them.  I think they're cheeky!  Since they were at T.J. Maxx, I got them for a great price.

Black Square Bracelet (Plato's Closet); Crystal Chain Bracelet (Forever21, recent); Polka Dot Bracelet (J. Crew via eBay)

And for today:
Shirt (LOFT); Scarf (LOFT); Jeans (LOFT): Shoes (Ann Taylor Perfect Platform Pumps)



Earlier today, I had on some bracelets, but I forgot to put them back on for this picture.  Just pretend my wrists were bedazzled.


Hoo Boy.  This was taken at the end of the day so I don't look quite so fresh. I don't think I would ordinarily wear this to work, even on Fridays, but I didn't have many options in my 30X30 closet. Next time I do this, I'm going to need to do a bit more planning.

This is the second time I've layered a scarf over this necklace and the third time I've layered a scarf and a necklace. I really like the look and will probs do it with my other statement necklaces, particularly when the weather gets a bit cooler.

Scarf (LOFT); Smaller necklace (J. Crew via eBay); Bubble Necklace (ILY Couture; I'm tempted to get the white)

I feel a little bit like sunshine on a cloudy day (sorta like the day today, actually. It was overcast alll day, but towards the end, the sun desperately tried to make an appearance).  Yellow and gray is one of my fave color combinations.  I've worn it several times already on this blog.  You can check the post out here.

What's your favorite unexpected fashion statement?


2 comments:

  1. Love the skirt and that bracelet. I think I'm your first follower. Follow me too
    K at www.beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOLLOWED! I'm expecting there to be a big run of followers, and now you'll know that you're the first!

      Delete