Sunday, July 15, 2012

GOOD NEWS!

After noticing that my favorite chambray shirt had a hole in it from too many wears and washes, I found my replacement almost immediately.

This was the shirt that I spoke about in my last post. I like the darker wash of the chambray and the look is almost the same as my well-loved H&M one, but more polished.  When I went in-store to return something, I saw it out of the corner of my eye and it was $40!  I wish they had one of those "take an extra 30% off" things going on, but I wasn't willing to risk it. I wore my other chambray shirt so much, $40 is more than worth it to me.

I'm not positive I like the pockets on the front, but it's something I can live with. Plus, I really like the hidden placket.

As a sidenote, I would really like that polka dot chambray shirt from J. Crew that's now sold out online:

Gap had a similar one that sold out pretty quickly too:

Nordstrom has an even more expensive one (at $98), but it's still available.

And Anthropologie is the last place I found one, but I don't like this one as much:

(in my opinion, the J. Crew one looked the nicest, followed up by the Nordstrom one).  I told myself I definitely did not need it and let it pass. I think I'm going to be dreaming about it for awhile, though.  I just need to keep reminding myself that I have 2 chambray shirts and about 1000 polka dot tops (including a navy silk one that can give me the same look and feel as the polka dot chambray).  But how awesome would it be to own one that combined my two loves???

I noticed in some old pictures that Lands End Canvas had an awesome looking version a few months ago:

My thought is that this is something that may come to Kohls in a few months. I just don't think I'm willing to pay more than about $30 for something that I think looks very trendy and isn't really neutral enough to wear all the time.  It's very memorable, and so I think people will notice when you wear it a lot.

I bought a pattern for making a box pleat full skirt. Maybe I'll see if someone out there makes this kind of fabric and make a skirt with it.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment