Friday, July 6, 2012

30X30 Day 4 - Seeing Spots

TGIF!
Sweater (Old Navy, on sale for $18); scarf (H&M); pearls (LOFT outlet?); Jeans (Levi's straight); pumps (Ann Taylor Perfect Platforms)

I love this polka dot sweater from Old Navy!  It reminds me a bit of my fave J. Crew Cardigan from years ago which is just a bit too big, but I wear anyway.  I love the gray and the polka dots!

I'm not going to lie -- I spent about 20 minutes this morning rearranging my necklace and scarf and trying to figure out how I was going to do this.  I really wanted to wear a scarf and pearls together this morning.  Last night, laying in bed, I was going to wear this top with my yellow bubble statement necklace, but in the light of day, I was all about mixing patterns and prints.

The scarf actually has leopards leaping across it and a bit of leopard print all around (you can see it peeking out).  I really like the way this mixing patterns turned out.  [When I get home tonight, I'll take a picture of it and post it].

This scarf/pearl combo was inspired by this Anthropologie necklace from ages ago.

The scarf was 100% silk and that coral twill was gorgeous in real life.  I can't remember how  much it cost, but I remember it being fairly expensive.  My scarf came from H&M and was $10. It came in really nice peach/coral that I was very tempted to get as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay! I have no clue how I found your blog but I'm so glad that I did. I love this look especially the scarf with pearls. Consider the look stolen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you found me too! Thanks for the compliment. I'd love to know how it turns out.

    Pro tip: Tie your scarf around where your pearls clasp (just like in the anthro photo). If you have a long set that loops, loop it after you've got the whole thing around your neck. It works much better and lays nicer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love polka dots & love how your necklace/scarf looks with it. Gotta remember this for a future outfit.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete