Monday, July 2, 2012

30X30 Day 1!

So, technically I should have started yesterday, but I was in a car all day driving back from Charleston, didn't have any of my 30X30 clothes, and just didn't feel like it. My thoughts are, so long as I get 30 outfits in, even if it takes me a bit into August, I'll call it a "win."

Day 1

Leopard Print top (LOFT); skirt (Limited, on sale for $16!!! I paid way more than that. Darn.); belt (J. Crew); Necklaces (LOFT and LOFT Outlet, layered); Shoes (Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps in Porcini)

When I put on this outfit this morning, I remembered that Mrs. Obama wore something similar using the J. Crew Dazzling Dots skirt in seafoam:

Taking a cue from her ladylike style, I layered on the pearls:


I put the dusty rose belt on before going through my "liked outfits" folder, but noticed that MarionBerryStyle used a pop of dusty rose on her taupe and mint number:
I had planned on at some point copying MarionBerryStyle almost exactly  and wearing my mint skirt with a lace top I have to match this, but was holding off since my pink necklace is MIA.  This just tells me that I have so many clothes that I have plenty of things available to "recreate" an outfit.

How do you recreate outfits?

2 comments:

  1. Ha!! That is awesome! I LOVE the leopard print with the mint skirt...such a great combination. I honestly think I like it better than mine! You look awesome...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! I loved your look. If I ever find that pink necklace, I'm definitely "borrowing" your style!

    ReplyDelete