Tuesday, July 10, 2012

30X30 Day 8 - Style Slump

I think I'm in a style slump. Or maybe (I think this is more true) I'm just a little depressed about my body image. I hate working out. As in, HATE IT. But I gained a ton of weight post-wedding that I really want to lose. I think I'm feeling really down about myself lately.

Meanwhile, I have yet to wear any of my 30X30 clothes twice, but I'm getting a bit bored! Mostly because I see all these other trends that I really want to try, but I feel very hemmed in by my choices. I think I picked good ones for this challenge, but I'm just already bored. The great challenge of life -- we always want what we can't have.

Cardigan (J. Crew Factory); Button-Up (Banana Republic Factory); Seersucker Skirt (Tahari via Macy's; bought with my Go Chic or Go Home Gift Card!); Shoes (Cole Haan)

Bracelets (J. Crew and Forever21); rings (Mr. Matched)

I'm a bit disheveled here since I took this at the end of the day, not the beginning. And that's not the best facial expression, is it?  GAH!

I don't know how I feel about this outfit. I like the bright pink cardigan with my seersucker stripes, but I don't like it with the button up underneath. I feel very bulky and I think it looks a bit too.... I don't know... matronly?  Prim and proper? There were girls in law school that dressed like this, and it worked for them, but I feel way too buttoned up.  I also think it's just a bit too expected. Had I not been in my 30X30, I probably would have picked something more exciting to go under this.  Have nooooo clue what.

Have you ever been in a style/body slump? What do you do to get out of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment