Wednesday, July 25, 2012

30X30 Day 20 and 21 - Yellow and more Yellow

When I'm having a bad day (or in my case, really a bad month), I like to wear bright colors.  Colors are transformative, don't you think?  There's just something about neon yellow that just cheers you up.

Sweater (Old Navy; similar for super cheap, or splurge for a cashmere version); Seersucker skirt (Macy's); Pumps (Cole Haan; similar)

Necklace (J. Crew Factory, similar, similar); Braclets from left to right (H&M similar for only $22.99, J. Crew Factory similar, H&M)

Woooo, Nelly. My hair looks rough.  I'll let you in on a little secret if you promise not to tell.  That chambray shirt is my old H&M chambray shirt with the hold in it.  I cut the sleeves right off (yes, I'm wearing a cut-off shirt) so that I could wear it under sweaters and things.  I like wearing sleeveless shirts under sweaters and cardigans because I have massive arms from sports and fried chicken and don't like things bulking up my arms.  Noone's going to see the sleeves,  so it doesn't matter.  What do you think?

Today, I went for yellow again:
 
Shirt (Old Navy, similar); Skirt (Target; this version from LOFT looks even better than mine and it's on sale for $20); Pumps (Cole Haan; similar)

Maybe I should have compared yesterday and today. I'm essentially wearing the same outfit :)  Whoops!
Necklace (Forever21); Belt (LOFT, similar); Bracelets (Forever21 similar; Kohls??)

I just bought this necklace at Forever21 for $6.80.  I thought it would be great for layering!

What do you do when you've been having a bad day?

No comments:

Post a Comment