Tuesday, July 3, 2012

30X30 Day 2: Pattern Play

Day 2 of my 30X30.  So far, it's going well and I'm not sick of my clothes yet.  I dig my outfit today:
Gingham Shirt (Old Navy, similar); Belt (J. Crew, on sale); Scalloped edge lace polka dot skirt (LOFT, old); pumps (Cole Haan Air Talia)

I'm all about mixing patterns! I'm glad it's a trend right now.  As I said before, it's easier to mix patterns when the two patterns have different scales -- the gingham print is relatively small compared to the polka dot.  I think I like the geometric straight lines in my gingham with the round dots of the skirt.  I also like that that the skirt and the shirt are different textures.
Bracelets (Forever21); rings (Mr. Matched)

I originally had on a seafoam colored necklace, but it was a lot, and took it off.  I liked the way seafoam looked with this mustard-y yellow and couldn't quite give it up, so I added it in my bracelets.

In other news, Mr. Matched calls this my "tablecloth" shirt.  I don't think he knows the word "gingham."  Aren't boys cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment