Saturday, July 28, 2012

30X30 Outfits 22 and 23 - YAY OLYMPICS

Every two years,  I watch more Olympics than any person alive. More than even those people on SportsCenter whose job it is to watch sports.  I love everything about it.

I was so caught up yesterday in soccer and tonight watching the Opening Ceremonies, that I totes forgot to post.  I mean, all I was doing was sitting on my couch and working, so I really don't know why I didn't just watch at the same time.  So, here we go:

Yesterday was another polka dot day:
Sweater (Old Navy); Skirt (J. Crew Factory); Pumps (Ann Taylor); Bracelet (Gift from my mom for passing the Bar :) )

Green Necklace (some small shop in TX); white necklace (LOFT)

I got this necklace at a tiny shop in a tiny town outside of Houston last year. I love the color and the style, but I have worn it maybe only one other time before this. I find it really hard to figure out what to wear with!  I decided just to go with it today.  I layered it wish another necklace from LOFT to try to blend it better.  I had on pearls too (which I loved), but decided it was a bit much for work, so I edited it out.

Anthropologie had this exact same necklace in store recently (after I bought mine) for about $38.  I think I paid $12.  Anthro buys some of its clothes and much of its jewelry and knick knacks from independent designers (many of whom they find on etsy), so you can often find the exact same item somewhere else without the Anthro mark-up. If you're crafty, there are also a ton of tutorials out there.  Search for "Akela Necklace."

And this is what I wore today:
Sweater (J. Crew Factory, similar); Tank (LOFT); Jeans (LOFT): Pumps (Ann Taylor); Scarf (LOFT, similar); Necklace (LOFT and one I made myself, similar)
This is actually a cardigan backwards:

Yes,I know, backwards.  I've seen a few bloggers turn their sweaters around so that it's a crew neck in the front with the buttons down the back. You can buy a lot of sweaters these days with the buttons up the back. So, why not?

But then I chickened out.

What can I say?  I'm a wimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment