Monday, July 9, 2012

30X30 Day 7 - I feel like a dalmation

Wooooo boy. I look as tired as I feel in this picture:
Sweater (Forever21, similar); Tee (LOFT); Skirt (Target); Pumps (Ann Taylor Perfect Platforms); Bracelet (H&M); Necklace (???)

Ever have one of those nights where you feel like you were dosing the whole night and never got your requisite REM?  Ever have one of those Mondays where you wake up and think, "I think I should just quit my job so I get a few extra hours of sleep."  That was me.

I wanted a white with black polka dot cardigan and finally stumbled across one at Forever21 for cheap. I'm not so sure about black dots. It always makes me feel like a dalmatian.  I felt really boring and a bit matronly, so I added the neon necklace. It helped wake me up a bit and the new intern in my office (a guy, no less!) even commented on them and how sunshiney they were.

This skirt is da bomb.  It looks a little denim-y from this picture, but it's actually a rich royal blue.  It's from Target. It comes in 4-5 colors each year, and I try to snatch them up in colors and patterns I don't have.  Plus, for $23, you can't beat the price.  I like that it doesn't wrinkle too easily.  Right now, Target has:




On sale for $11.48!!


The blue I'm wearing is fairly recent, so I bet it's still in stores.  I look at all these colors and wish I had a need for them, but I have all these colors already from other places.  Too bad. I probably paid way more and don't like them quite as much as I like my Target ones.

Do you have a favorite product that you buy in every color?

2 comments:

  1. The stripe one looks adorable...I am tempted to go to my local Target to find this skirt. I tend to buy my skirts from The Limited - LOVE the quality, no dry cleaning or ironing!

    I am so guilty of buying the same thing in different colors. You name it - I've done it!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it, returned it, and am considering buying it again. I bought a similarly-colored Kate Spade skirt and decided I didn't need 2 orange/navy skirts. Maybe I'll return the much-more-expensive Kate and get this one instead? I have no clue.

    GO BUY IT! I'll live vicariously through you.

    I have a pink Limited skirt. I was going to wear it today, but couldn't get jazzed about anything in my 30X30 tops to wear with it.

    ReplyDelete