Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Not happy with you a-thread.com. Not happy at all.

This is one of those times I really wish I had a ton of readers like those other bloggers do. Then this post may actually help someone out.

So, I got suckered in by one of those Groupon-type flash sales where you spend $40 to get $80 worth of credit to a-thread.com.  The clothes are cute (the jewelry you can find other place for slightly less), and I liked that they also donated 5% of their sales to a charity of your choice.  Corporate social responsibility is a cool thing.  Rock on.

Either way, I have been less than satisfied with my experience.  There must be a bazillion glitches in their system.  Let me start off by saying that I tried to combine as much of my stuff as possible to spend all $80 at once and get free shipping.

Then I got word that the one shirt I really wanted (the one that I bought that damn coupon for) was sold out. COME ON!  Anyways.  I talked about that already here.

I also bought a pair of earrings.  I wanted it in a specific color, and there were two colors available: green and jade.

Now here's where my problem began.  I wanted that seafoamy one on the bottom.  I couldn't decide which one was "green" and which one was "jade."  I mean, I thought the seafoamy one would be jade, but in that drop down menu, it listed jade first and green second.  I figured this aligned with those little thumbnails.  Real jade does come in that yellow-y green color.  I guess I should have e-mailed someone to ask.  Whatever, either way, the yellow-green ones showed up, and not those seafoam ones.  I'm disappointed, but can't return because accessories can't be returned and things bought with this deal cannot be returned.

Oh and the necklace is backordered.  I knew this when I bought it.  I think it was supposed to ship by yesterday.  I haven't gotten an e-mail about this, so we'll see whether or not I ever actually get this necklace from a-thread.


So, I've waited awhile now and keep checking back in to see if there's anything I want to spend my refunded money on. I have to spend soon because the whole thing expires sometime in August.  I finally found a cute skirt I like, and am going through the checkout process, and get to the end, only to be charged shipping.  REALLY?!  The whole point of me combining things to begin with was so that I wouldn't have to pay shipping.

Here we are, a  month after I spotted the top I wanted, and I have nothing I actually want to show for it. This teaches me a valuable lesson on impulse buying.

And this teaches you a valuable lesson on not buying from a-thread.com. Many of their pieces can be found other places if you do some hunting around. I suggest you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment