Wednesday, July 11, 2012

30X30 Day 9 - I love chambray!

I love chambray!  Don't you?  I've been seeing on a lot of blogs lately that people are wearing chambray because other bloggers do? I'm not positive on the logic of bandwagoning on that one...  I love trends, but I am a firm believer that you should make trends work for you and not fight to make a trend work.  I would love to wear skinny bright cropped pants.  I really would.  And, don't get me wrong. I try to make it work... a lot.  But I have extremely muscular legs (thanks, swimming), and I'm really short.  It just does not work for me. Just have to give up on that one.
Shirt (H&M); Skirt (J. Crew Factory); Belt (J. Crew); Pumps (Cole Haan); Necklace (J. Crew); Bracelet (LOFT)

Chambray, on the other hand, is one I can totes get behind though.  I love this chambray shirt in particular because the material is so light.  Plus, the darker wash of it and the fact that it's a bit more drapey makes it feel a bit more work appropriate than wearing a more structured denim.

Unfortunately, this H&M chambray shirt is a few years old and I have worn it to death. The quality was okay, but not great to begin with, and I noticed today that there's a rip.  It's pretty obvious, too, so I think this shirt will have to go into the craft fabric pile.  I'll be on the hunt, I guess, for a chambray shirt exactly like this one.  There's one available from Ann Taylor which looks promising, but it's $88!  I obvi wear this a lot, so maybe it's worth the splurge.  What I'm really worried about it that it's part of my 30X30! I'm going to need to find something to replace it!

Bracelet (LOFT)

Isn't this bracelet awesome? I got it from the LOFT way back when. Turns out, I'm one of the top 10 spenders at the LOFT where I opened my LOFT Loves Rewards Card.  This was sent to me as a customer appreciation gift.  I'm friends with the manager, and I'm actually #2.  Don't tell my husband what a good customer I am :)  I got this back in November the day before my wedding, so I like to think of it as my wedding gift from the LOFT.  THANKS!


2 comments:

  1. I got the same bracelet from Loft last year. I just assumed they sent it to people that spend over a threshold a year. How did you find out ..from the manager?

    My local Loft people are nice but they don't try to get to know you. My local WHBM - they are so friendly there...it's like night and day the service between the two stores.

    Alice
    www.ahppinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! If you're one of the top I think 100 spenders at the LOFT where you opened your card, they sent you the thank you gift. It's a lot easier, I think, to be one of those top clients if you have a LOFT MC> I used to put my rent on it to get the points.

      I'm really good friends with the manager at the LOFT where I used to live. She has my phone number and texts me any time something comes in that she thinks I'd like. She used to put it on hold for me. I moved recently and the LOFT here is lackluster. The sales associates are not friendly or nice at all. Most of my closet is from LOFT :)

      Delete