Monday, July 30, 2012

30X30 Outfits 24 and 25 - Weekend Wear

Mr. Matched and I had a date night on Saturday.  It's also MarionBerry's link-up challenge this week, which is pattern mixing.  I thought this would be a good excuse to mix it up!

Shirt (Madewell); Skirt (J. Crew Factory, similar); Shoes (Cole Haan); Necklace (Francesca's Collection, similar); Bracelet (LOFT sent it to me last year for being a top client); Glitter belt (Ann Taylor -- just bought it. It's only $9.99 in stores)


I took these pictures before makeup.  Looking a bit rough.  Mr. Matched was monopolizing the bathroom though, and we were running late, so I had to take these when I could.  The trick with mixing patterns is keeping things in the same color palette and mixing the scale of the prints.  The narrow stripe balances out the much larger polka dots and the navy in both pulls everything together.  These are not hard and fast rules, but it helps to have a general guide when braving the pattern mixing world.

Sunday was another casual day. We had to run a bunch of errands, so I wanted to be comfortable. This is what I pulled together with the dregs of my 30X30 clothes. Not bad.
Chambray Shirt (Ann Taylor -- it's now $29.99 in stores); Shorts (J. Crew); Belt (LOFT); Bracelet (LOFT); Shoes


 No, that isn't a stain on my shirt. I'm not really sure what it is, to be honest.  It wasn't on my shirt later on. Maybe just water that splashed up when I was washing my hands. Unsure.  I love these sunshine shorts, don't you?

And here's what I wore today:
 Dress (Calvin Klein via Ross -- ridiculously cheap); Necklace (Target); Bracelet (LOFT); Shoes (Kate Spade via T.J. Maxx)


I had my performance review today, so I had to be more conservative than normal. That meant my 30X30 clothes were sort of out.  I don't know if you can tell, but this dress has more green in it that I think shows in the picture.  I love the faux wrap to this -- I think it makes me look so slim!  I also like the faux mandarin collar.  Despite my performance review, I still wanted to be stylish, so I added some red red beads and my fabulous Kate Spade pumps (scored for a song at T.J. Maxx):


Animal print = always a neutral.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the outfits. You mixed the prints well. Still thinking of what to do for the challlenge. I dont think I've ever mixed prints before.

    ReplyDelete