Saturday, July 7, 2012

30X30 Day 5 - Orange Sherbert

Mr. Matched took one look at this outfit and said, "ORANGE SHERBERT!" just like I knew he would. He never disappoints.  This is what I walked out the door in:
Tee (GAP), Shorts (J. Crew Factory); Shoes (J. Crew Factory); Necklace (eBay)


This is how I originally wanted to wear this outfit:
Scarf (Walmart)

But it's 105 degrees today and was just too dern hot.  I did have a chevron bag, so that brought in the pop of white that I wanted:
Bag (Made by Nanna  won from the Brightside Project.  I really want the yellow and gray chevron one)

Bracelets (LOFT, Limited, J. Crew??); Rings (Mr. Matched)

This outfit was inspired by PoorLittleItGirl and her Panama hat!

Imagine how excited I was that I had both a hot pink tee and orange shorts in my 30X30 items!  I really liked the contrast of the black and white hat. I think it neutralized the neon and sherbert.  I do have a Panama hat like this somewhere, but I can't find it.  If I were going to repeat this outfit outside of 30X30, I would have chosen a slightly less neon shirt.  Whatevs. I still like it and it feels very summer.

Oh, and I wish I had bought this tee in a smaller size. I was in GAP and they were having a 20% off sale.  I really wanted this neon shirt, but didn't have time to try on since Mr. Matched was getting a bit antsy.  Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE how you recreated the look from my latest outfit post. I'm obsessed with that necklace!

    xoxo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

    http://poorlittleitgirl.com

    ReplyDelete