Monday, August 13, 2012

Today I was naked

Just kidding.  I actually had on a neon green top that I but at Banana Republic Factory agggeees ago, but haven't worn. I was determined to wear it today though.  My outfit was a little lackluster and boring, so I decided to scrap it lest you think I'm a total fashion flop.  In reality, I had an idea on the way to work this morning on how to wear the top better.  So, in a few weeks, I'm going to whip out that very memorable top again, and hopefully style it a bit better.

Meanwhile, I have a bunch of outfits to catch up on.  I wore this sassy number last Thursday:
Chiffon Tee (Ann Taylor); Belt (J. Crew); Skirt (J. Crew Factory)

I know what you're thinking:  This isn't very sassy.  Whatever.  I needed something to call it.  I actually felt pretty good in this outfit today, and relatively conservative for work.  No crazy outlandish colors, which is my norm, but just enough non-lawyer for it to still feel "me."

This necklace is from H&M and I think was $8.  I snatched it up quickly:

It's very  reminiscent of the ubiquitous bubble necklace (of which I have 3), isn't it?

This is what I wore Friday:
Sweater (J. Crew Factory); Jeans (LOFT): Pumps (I.N.C.)

The look was inspired by a fellow blogger, Hiking in Stilettos. I actually went through 3-4 different necklaces before settling on this Kate Spade one I got from a very nice friend:

And I wore my new favorite "belt" bracelet from H&M and a new tortoise link bracelet from J. Crew Factory:

I realized today that every day this month, I think I've worn something new.  And I don't mean new to my blog new.  I mean, I-haven't-even-taken-the-tags-off-even-though-I-bought-this-months-ago new.  Maybe that will be my August challenge -- wear one thing I still have tags on a day.  I think I may actually have enough things with tags still on (without buying new stuff) to make it the whole month.  That's pretty serious stuff.  I really need to stop shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment