Thursday, August 2, 2012

30X30 Day 28 - Tres Parisian

I rarely wear black and white, but I was running out of options in my 30X30 closet.  I feel very Parisian.
Sweater (Forever 21); Skirt (J. Crew Factory); Belt (Ann Taylor); Pumps (Ann Taylor Perfect Platform Pumps)

Thought I would cap off the Parisian look with a Parisian necklace:
Necklace (American Eagle from ages ago)

I bought this cardigan because I wanted to see if I liked a black polka dot cardigan. Normally I don't really like black on white dots since it makes me feel like a dalmatian.  I think I'm okay with it now (it's growing on me), but this sweater is awful.  I got it at Forever21, so I know not to expect much, but I expected it to last longer than 2 wears.  It's pilled horribly and looks ancient.  I think I may replace it, and I've decided to go big or go home with this aptly named "dalmatian" print cardigan from Old Navy:

I sorta like the irregular dots on this. It almost looks leopardy.  I know that Old Navy isn't known for its spectacular quality either, but I've had really good luck lately, and am thinking this may be a good option.  It's $25, so I may wait for a 20% off sale (I'm sure there will be one next week).  I also like the leopard print cardi, not that I really need it.

There are also some adorable matching dalmatian flats:

What do you think of the cardigan? Yay or nay?  Price?


2 comments:

  1. I was in a b&m old navy to return a shirt this weekend, and they also have a cardigan that looks almost identical to the one you already own (v-neck, white background, small black dots). I almost bought it, but I've been on polka dot overload lately so I managed to stop myself. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=68131&vid=1&pid=476876&scid=476876022
    I also like the irregular dot cardigan -- it's a little bit different. But, yes, everything at Old Navy will eventually be at least 20% off. Wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totes have been eyeing that cardigan. I swear I'm not going crazy, but that cardigan was not online when I wrote this post. I see it's back up again and there's a 20% off sale going, but now the dalmation one isn't available. Oh, what's a girl to do?

      Delete