Saturday, August 4, 2012

30X30 Day 29 - Mixing Prints

I have one more day left in my 30X30.  How excited am I?

I am linking up today with Marionberry Style as part of the "Trend of the Month Challenge".  This month's trend....Pattern mixing (my fave).  Here's what I wore yesterday:
Shirt (LOFT); Silk Scarf (Vintage? Stolen from my mom); Jeans (LOFT); Belt (Ann Taylor); Pumps (Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps in Porcini, similar in a slightly more brown. Ignore the bad reviews. These are among the best pair of pumps I own )

I think this is pretty bold. I see a lot of (and do a lot of) mixing dots and stripes. I decided to go out on a limb and mix florals and animal prints. Woah. Way to walk on the wild side.

I think the fairly neutral animal print (taupe and grey) almost gives this a plain background for the print scarf. It helps that the grey in the scarf matches the grey in the animal print.  Sometimes I wear this scarf with a grey and yellow wide stripe top I have from the LOFT. I may wear that next month sometime.

I brightened up the look a bit with some rose gold bracelets/watch:
Thin Bracelet (have no clue); bow bracelet (LOFT breast cancer awareness bracelet); Watch (Kohls)

Annnnd guess what I'm doing today?!  I'm at a NASCAR race (fun fact: I'm a huge NASCAR fan).
Driver Jimmie Johnson after his qualifying lap.  He's so hot

GUESS WHO'S HERE?!
Don't I look stylish?  This is typical NASCAR race wear -- ugly shirt of your favorite driver plus anything else you can find of his.  It's very matchy-matchy

HULK HOGAN!  Just kidding. This is just a guy who looks exactly like him.  His name's Pete.


No comments:

Post a Comment