Sunday, August 19, 2012

POLKA DOT CHAMBRAY!

I (like many people) have been craving J. Crew and/or GAP's polka dot chambray shirt.  At $88, the J. Crew one was just a bit much for a novelty shirt, and the GAP version at $50 sold out fairly quickly.  Well, guess what, my friends?!  OLD NAVY HAS ONE for $25!

The quality is actually very nice and the dot is actually woven into the fabric, not printed.  I am very happy with mine.  I'm normally a small/medium in Old Navy, and I went up to the Medium in this.
Necklace (LOFT); Chinos (Lands End Canvas); Pumps (ING for Macys, similar, similar, and this fabulous number)

Did I need this?  Absolutely not. I have about 1000 polka dot items, including a silk polka dot top.  I also have a bunch of chambray.  But mixing chambray and polka dots???  Be still my heart.  I think I'm going to over wear this top.



These chinos I bought on a lark.  I've been looking for a pair this color, and I saw that Lands End Canvas had a pair.  They didn't have petites, but the slim fit looked short on the model.  They had a 25% off coupon and offered free shipping and returns, so I figured I had nothing to lose.  When not rolled up, they are fairly long on my (I'm 5'1" on a good day), but I always intended to roll them up and make them more boyfriend-y.  If you need a pair of chinos in some fun colors, I recommend these.  I paid $45, but they fit great.  There's a bit of stretch, but not so much that they're a shapeless mess after wearing them for an hour (ahem. J. Crew.)

And, yes.  Both Lands End and I were obvi inspired by this famous Pinterester:


I'm very tempted to get the orange:

What do you think?  Do you have fun colored pants in your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment