Friday, June 29, 2012

Yeah right. Like I'll wear this all day.

So in theory, this is what I wore today:

Blazer (LOFT); Blouse (LOFT Factory); Jeans (LOFT); Necklace (LOFT); Pumps (J. Crew Mona via eBay)

In actuality, I'm sitting at my desk, still in the flats I wore to walk to work, without the jacket. I sort of knew that the jacket was never going to make it the whole day.  Meh.

This shirt I bought at LOFT Outlet awhile back because my husband liked it.  I didn't really need it.  It was cute, but I didn't really look at it twice.  But when my husband suggested it, I was so taken aback that he expressed an opinion about an item of clothing, I bought it on the spot.  Next time he'll know better than to express his thoughts.

I like my subtle pattern mixing here -- the pin stripe jacket, the bright floral print, and the leopard print pumps.  I think that because the jacket and shoes are more or less neutral, it sort of all goes together.  the easiest way to mix patterns is if you keep the proportions of the prints different -- a small repeat and a large repeat.  It also helps if one of them is neutral.

This is probably more reflective of what I actually wore today:

I won this bag from the Brightside Project and added the seafoam polka dot scarf from ModCloth to jazz it up.  More pattern mixing.  This is probably a bit too much going on, but I needed a big bag since I'm going to Charleston this weekend.  I'm not bringing anything but this bag on the plane, so I needed it to hold a bunch of stuff.

And this is what I see when I look at myself:

Sort of an interesting shot, don't you think?  Look how tiny my feet look! And it makes me look so tall!  I think I'm going add this shot to the daily photo lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment