Friday, June 22, 2012

Erhmehgard It's so Hot

We're going through a heat wave in DC.  It's awful.  I lived in Atlanta for 12 years.  It's just as hot (sometimes hotter), more humid, and the summers last longer.  I have no idea how I survived.  It is like too hot for clothes.  I think the A/C units in the ATL are like industrial super grade.  My apartment's unit here is on overdrive and it's still like 81 degrees in here.  It's working hard and cooled things down 20 degrees, but I'm dying.  Our rabbits are dying too -- their wearing chic fur coats.  I think our A/C at the office bit the big one today.  My normally freezing office was H-O-T-T hott.


Anyway -- here's my outfit.  It lasted about 2 minutes in the office.  I didn't wear the blazer on my walk to work.  It was on in the office for about 6 seconds.  Next came the necklace which got heavy and hot against my neck.  I don't think I changed into heels from my walk-to-work flats until around 11:30 when I had to go and see someone.  After that, I just shut my door, put my hair up, rolled up my jeans a bit and just pretended I was in a nice spa where I was sweating out my toxins. It made doc reviewing a bit better.  Sorta.


Blazer (H&M, recent); Tee (H&M, recent); Jeans (LOFT trouser jeans); Shoes (Ann Taylor Perfect Cut-Out pumps, recent and on sale, similar, similar); necklace (H&M, recent, similar in yellow and navy on sale but very pricey)

(sorry about the bad styling on the blazer.  I was rushing and didn't check the picture.  This is it from the H&M website)


I wish I had bought this jacket in every color. I think at one point it also came in orange.  I REALLY wanted that orange, but could only find a 2 in the store. It was a bit prices for H&M  (I think it was $35 or $40), but all in all, not an incredibly expensive blazer. It is fully lined, and the material is a nice, soft jersey. What I love most is that the sleeves FIT! I think it's meant to be a 3/4 length, but on me, that meant it was perfect.  I will definitely be on the lookout to see if it pops up in other colors.

I'm breaking my pink rule, but I think that because I'm wearing a blazer and everything else is a bit more conservative (and it's Friday), it's a bit easier to get away with than on, say, a Monday.  My rule for casual jean Fridays is that if I would generally wear the same outfit on a regular day with navy pants, then it's okay.  The only thing that switches are my pants for jeans.  Others are a lot more casual on Fridays, but I feel more comfortable if I'm a bit more dressed up.  I do tend to break the pink rule on Fridays though.

I think you'll find me wearing this jacket again next week (gasp!) because it's Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month Challenge, and I'm not really happy with my picture taking.  I have one other picture of this outfit, but I have the worst double chin.  I'll show it here just for you guys:
I sorta look loopy. Must be the heat.


Maybe I'll have my husband retake the picture for me.  This may be my submission depending on if I get a chance to restyle!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blazer, I saw it at H&M and didn't get it because I have too much pink in my closet:( Now I wish I had picked one (or two) up!

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love it. I really wish they had it in the orange still at my H&M.

    And you can never have too much pink. Never. :)

    ReplyDelete