Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Heat and Wrinkles

Please ignore the massive wrinkles in this skirt. I love it, but the fabric is a cotton stretch sateen, and we all know how badly that is for wrinkles.  I swear I steamed it, but something happened in the 10 minutes it took between then and when I took this picture.  In full disclosure, I have to admit that I also didn't do a very good job of steaming to begin with.  I was rushed and tired and just couldn't be bothered.

Chambray shirt (H&M, fairly old); Skirt (J. Crew Factory); Belt (J. Crew); Shoes (J. Crew Mona, similar); Bracelets and watch (Target , recent and Loft); Necklace (Francesca's Collection, altered to make the length shorter)

I'm trying out new poses, so don't judge. I'm trying to figure out something that works.  I got the skirt at J. Crew outlet a little while back.  I love me some polka dots.  I was close to buying a skirt for 2X as much at regular J. Crew at the same time, but resisted the urge.  About the only thing I liked about that skirt was the fabric.  The fit wasn't great and it probably wasn't worth the money.  The very next day, I took a trip up to the outlets near my parents and found this skirt.  SOLD!

I meant to wear this outfit with an emerald green belt.  I don't know what happened.  I was up late last night watching the Olympics (really.  Until 2AM.  I watch an inordinate amount of Olympics every 2 weeks), and I just totes forgot that this was my plan.  Pretend I'm wearing this belt:
Forever 21

Way cuter, right?

On a side note, it was so hot and humid when I walked outside today that I felt like I walked into a wall.  Glad I wore this lightweight chambray.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo love this look! the polka dotted skirt is totally adorbs! xoxo linds

    ReplyDelete