Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm late! I'm late!

This morning, I pulled the age-old Rookie Mistake-- hitting "off" instead of "snooze."  I have never showered and gotten ready so fast in my life! My hair looks awful, but such is life.  I had planned to wear something else, but since I didn't have time to steam it, I went with this.


Gingham shirt (GAP kids); Skirt (J. Crew Factory); Studded belt (J. Crew); bangles (ebay, H&M); necklace (LOFT), Cap to pumps (Ivanka Trump)
Plus, I haven't worn purple in awhile, and I felt like it was due up on the color chart rotation.

This gingham shirt is actually a boys GAP kids shirt.  It's a little boxy (I probs should have gone down a size), but when it's tucked into a skirt, you can't tell.  I really wanted a black gingham shirt, but couldn't find one anywhere that was under $70 (at the time it was really just J. Crew that had one).  Seeing as how I was not going to pay that much, I widened my search.  Yay for being miniature!  This shirt was only $25.  It's surprisingly well made and the sleeves fit me when they're rolled down (they're not too long).  The hardest part about this shirt is buttoning backwards.  I think when I get my sewing machine back from storage, I'll skim the sides a little bit.  Do you ever buy things in the kids section?

I wore this with pearls because I wanted to mix the more masculine gingham with something feminine. If I wasn't so rushed, I would have layered on more pearls.  As it is, I think this is okay.

Wearing my Ivanka Trump cap toe again (worn here and here).  Are you sick of them?  I lurv them!

Pro tip:  I really wanted this studded belt when I saw it in the J. Crew catalog, but they're always a bit pricey.  Wait awhile.  J. Crew belts always go on sale.  I don't think I've ever wanted a belt and then not gotten it at $14.99 + extra 30% off whenever they do their sales. J. Crew has the best belts -- great colors and details that you really can't get elsewhere and usually leather (not plastic).

No comments:

Post a Comment