Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Citron and Orange

Another inspired by look!  Today, I copied Ruby Girl:

I liked that pop of tangerine against the citron, balanced out with the neutral white. I also like how that little bit of black grounds the look.  On one of those home design shows (I think the old Trading Spaces when it was still good) mentioned once that you should always have a little touch of black in a room to ground it.  I rarely wear black, but now I see that the rule works for clothing too.  Maybe I should start putting touches of black into my outfit choices.

Here's my version:
Silk top (Ann Taylor, old); Skirt (LOFT, recent); Necklace (BaubleBar); Belt (Target); Shoes (Ann Taylor Perfect Platform Pumps  On sale!)
I just noticed, and I think I wear this citron color a lot.  In the last two weeks, I've now worn this color three times (as a sweater here and as a skirt here)!  I must really like it!

I added an animal print belt from Target to sorta pull my browns and blacks together. I originally had on animal print pumps, but it was way too much.  Edit, edit, edit!  I was going to wear a white skirt, but I'm holding off on wearing the one I just bought from Ann Taylor.  I feel like I have a white skirt already, but can't find it (it may be in our house in Charleston. I'm going down there this weekend, so I'll take a peek around).  I thought the light khaki still worked, though.  I thought it may look odd with the bright white of my necklace, but the ties of it are also khaki, so I feel like it all evens out.

The necklace is from BaubleBar.  Cute, isn't it?!

They had an all orange one, which I would have preferred, but this combo orange-white was the only one on sale.  Good enough for me!  I've seen versions of this around.  The original was from Anthropologie back in the day in a turquoise:
Anthropologie Stormy Seas Necklace
It was incredibly expensive and sold out fast.  I got my version from BaubleBar for $20 during one of their flash sales.  Free shipping, so it was a great deal!  It also comes in a few other colors, including one that is very similar to the Anthro one:

They're normally $38.  Be warned, they're a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be.  The original Anthro one was pretty big as well.  A bunch of etsy sellers also have their versions of the necklace (Eclectic Ornaments and Party by Nicole).  I'm sure you can find others.  I even found a crafter who made one!  I think I'm going to try making one for myself soon.  Easy peasy!

I have this necklace too from Francesca's Collection.  The drops are much smaller.
(See it on me here).  The chain was too long for my liking.  The drops would have fallen to the middle of my chest, so I removed a bunch of links.  I'm much happier with it now.

Do any of you have this necklace or something similar?  How do you wear it?

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! totally honored. you rocked the look! xoxo linds

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! I had some good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete