Monday, June 25, 2012

Still in a heatwave

I'd be lying if I didn't say that my outfit choice this morning was not hugely motivated by trying to wear the least amount of clothing possible without being naked.
Shirt (Talbots, on sale here!); Skirt (Ann Taylor), Belt (Ann Taylor); Shoes (Ann Taylor Perfect Pumps in Porcini, similar; similar); necklace (J. Crew Factory)


I'm also wearing this necklace from J. Crew factory, which was a gift from my best friend.  I love pirates, and am always on the lookout for something that's "subtle pirate."  Right on, Robin!


I was inspired by J's Everyday Fashion who in turn was inspired by a J. Crew ad styling their version of this top:

I originally had it styled with a red belt as an ode to the J. Crew ad's red shoes and handbag, but I felt a bit too patriotic, particularly since it's so close to Independence Day.  Maybe next time...


This shirt from Talbots is an extremely light weight material and was the most "breathable" thing I could find in my closet.  I just checked the weather report, though, and perhaps I was a bit too hasty in wearing this today, because it's only going to get hotter.  On Friday, it's going to be 99 degrees!  I think I'm going to wear my coconut bra and grass skirt to work.


This skirt is a bit short, particularly for work. I usually wear it in the winter with tights.  If I had nicer legs, I would probably feel more comfortable with it, but meh.  I like to cover my knees because I think they look like Kaiser buns.
My knees. Photo courtesy of Love of Pure and Sincere


I bought this shirt because it was a cheap dupe of J. Crew's wildcat blouse.  J. Crew's version was really expensive (it was silk) and sold out in about 10 seconds:


The background of the Talbot's version is a bit more grey while the J. Crew one is a more warm beige, but overall, I think it gives the same "look."  The Talbot's version is also a button up.  Either way, I paid $32 for mine, instead of the $150 J. Crew was asking.


All in all, I really like my outfit today, despite the shortness of the skirt.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment