Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chevron and Peacock

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend, everyone!  I certainly did.  Mr. Matched and I took a trip to Baltimore for the Baltimore Grand Prix.  I've been to plenty of NASCAR races, but haven't been to an Indy Car race yet.  It was a lot of fun!
Love the enthusiasm -- with Post-It Notes :)

I was cheering for James Hinchcliffe, fellow Canadian, and all-around hottie:

Even my nails got into the action:
 Justin Bieber's One Time Lime :)

OK - Now for the real post.
I haven't worn this skirt yet this year, and I really wanted to. I just bought this faboosh chevron top, and thought the two together would be great (notwithstanding that I have a navy-white wide striped top already.  Hey, chevrons are totes different).

I love that the chevrons point up, drawing the eye towards my face.  Plus, the downward angle around my shoulders serves to make them look smaller.  I have really broad shoulders, and I like that this top minimizes them.
Chevron Top | Ann Taylor (same on sale!)
Teal Pencil Skirt | Ann Taylor (similar, similar)
Necklace | Kate Spade, gift from friend (similarsimilar, similar)

I love the way teal looks with berry/fuchsia.  I originally had on a flower pin, but it was a lot going on, so I just put on these pumps:
Pumps | Ivanka Trump Amoro (almost identical, Amoro in other colors)

BTW, is anyone else having trouble transitioning to fall?  It's HOT, but I feel like I shouldn't be in neon anymore because it's September.  Plus, I have a closet full of clothes, but I don't feel like wearing any of it.

Oh, and for all you Starbucks lovas out there, LivingSocial is having a deal -- $5 for a $10 gift card:
https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/448600?ref=conf-jp&rpi=78417206

No comments:

Post a Comment