Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rainy Tuesdays

I can't believe it's only Tuesday.  Seriously.  It's also definitely fall in DC, and by that I mean it's raining.





 I went through a few different bottoms this morning before settling on navy slacks.  It was windy, so I'm really glad I did.  It wouldn't be good if I had a wardrobe malfunction.

I bought that necklace ages ago in a boutique in Athens, Georgia where I went to law school.  I balked at the price ($40, which was a lot for a necklace, particularly if you're a student), but I loved it.  I believe that was my first statement necklace.  An addiction was born!  Now, I'm seeing them all over the place.  I like to think that I was ahead of the trend.

The gold filigree cuff was my grandmother's.  I love all her jewelry, but this one is among my favorites.  I wear it a lot.  I wired a pair of her earrings and matching brooch to a bunch of hair pins and wore them for my wedding.  So many people asked where I got them, including my father.  When I told him that they were his mother's, he about started crying.  They really don't make vintage things like that anymore, do they?

Turquoise Cardigan | LOFT (similar)
Burnt Umber Silk Racerback Tank | Ann Taylor (similar)
Navy Canvas Pants | LOFT
Floraburst Necklace | Red Dress Boutique (same in pink; same in black and green.  Enter 3981516 at check out to get $10 off)
Filigree Cuff Bracelet | Vintage
Oxford Platform Pumps | Ann Taylor (similarsimilar)

No comments:

Post a Comment