Thursday, September 6, 2012

Evening shots = not so good for photographs

Can I just say that after work, I look so haggard?  I look way better in the morning (even though I'm not a morning person).  Also, the light that hits my photoshoot wall is better in the AM.  I got a new camera and am still playing with the settings, so forgive the noise.  I forgot to change the ISO.

Polka Dot Shirt | Tinley Road (same; sign up for e-mails and get $10 off)
Green Sateen Skirt | J. Crew Factory (similarsimilar)
Pumps | Stuart Weitzman Platswoon (samesimilar with hidden platform.  I highly recommend Ivanka Trump shoes)

I bought this shirt as a look-a-like to J. Crew's silk polka dot Blythe blouse (that I couldn't afford, but is very nice).  There are plenty of differences (J. Crew's is silk, mine is polyester; J. Crew's has larger silver dots; Mine is much more pinky-cream, and mine is see-through), but I thought it gave me the same "feel."  I also had a gift card to PiperLime courtesy of GoChicorGoHome (Let me know if you need an invite).  With such a "memorable" shirt, I was loathe to spend that much money on the silk version, given I could only wear it so often and wasn't really a wardrobe stable.  With all the discounts, I think I paid $25ish.

 Necklace | Kate Spade Enchanted Garden (better picture of it -- the "white" stones are actually a beautiful opalescent color; similar with extra 40% off at checkout)
 Studded Belt | J. Crew
I thought I'd pull out this skirt.  I haven't worn it in (most likely) more than a year.  Last summer, I was studying for the bar, and I think I was in pajamas most days.  This also falls in the "memorable" category, so there's only so much wear that I can get out of it.  I have a "casual" way I want to wear it when the weather gets a tad cooler, so be on the look out for that number later.
Burnt Umber Zip Cardigan | J. Crew Factory (similar v-neck with pocketssimilar; similar)
Floral Pencil Skirt | J. Crew Factory Watercolor Floral Pastiche Skirt a.k.a. Abstract Floral Print Pencil Skirt (kinda similar, kinda similar; kinda similar for $17!)
 Chiffon Bow Blouse | Old Navy (similarsimilar in coral and turquoisesimilar in black and mustard)
Like my sock bun?

Bear with me while I get used to my new camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment