Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Red, white, and blue

Today is September 11th, and I want to start off by acknowledging those who died in the attacks 11 years ago, their families and loved ones, and for all those who serve (military, police, firefighters, etc.) both at home and abroad, including my husband.  I snuck out of work for an hour today to watch the wreath laying ceremony at the Navy Memorial. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony, minus the 2 teenagers who decided to ride their skateboards through the middle of it, interrupting the keynote speaker.  It was one of the most rude and disrespectful things I have seen in a long time.  I (and everyone else) was incredulous.

A bit unplanned, but I wore red, white and blue today.



I know it looks black, but I promise its navy.  I don't ever wear black and red together (go Jackets!).  This is a relatively mundane outfit for me, but I suppose the ruffled and pleated color and the striped skirt isn't quite so "mundane" for everyone else.  This skirt has a really nice exposed back zipper and an inverted pleat.  I tried to get a picture of it, but it was a total fail.  I added a leopard print belt for a bit of pizazz (animal print and glitter are neutrals, in case you haven't heard).

Navy Cotton Short-Sleeved V-Neck Cardigan | LOFT (similarcrew neck version)
Ruffled and Pleated Sleeveless Blouse | Ann Taylor Factory (similar)
Crinkle Stripe Skirt | LOFT (it comes back once a year either in Fall or Pre-Spring, and usually has some type of blazer in the same fabric)
Mad Men for Banana Republic Izzy Pumps | Banana Republic (similar; really cute pointy toe version and I love Ivanka Trump shoessimilar with cute, but NSFW heel; )
Leopard Belt | Target (similar)


No comments:

Post a Comment