Sunday, June 2, 2013

Eyelets and Stripes

I haven't posted in months, and I think the reason is that it's turned into a lot of work!  I've decided I need to simplify. I'd really like to just create a record of what I'm wearing. Perhaps when I figure things out a bit more, I'll be a little better.  For now, I'm going to try to get back into the groove.

I've decided just to take some cell phone pics of my outfits arranged rather than on my body.  It takes a lot of time to take pictures with my real camera, edit them, and upload. This saves a few steps.  Not quite as glitzy as my favorite blogs and it probably won't win me any awards, but that's okay!  So, here we go.

This look was 100% inspired by Mix&Match Fashion, who has worn an outfit similar to this twice.  Not realizing it, I combined aspects of both (here and here).  We have really similar styles, so I love her blog.

Shirt | LOFT Outlet (looks identical)
Necklace | eBay (same for only $15)
Skirt | Forever21 (similar; similar)
Shoes | Ann Taylor (good option in a wedge and block heel)

I realize that this outfit uses the same necklace and shoes, but it's getting so warm, and those shoes are just so "summer" to me!  My favorite part of this is the colorblock shirt I picked up yesterday at Forever 21 for just $9.  It's basically the short-sleeved version of the shirt J. Crew had last year. I was tempted to get the neon green one too, but resisted:

 Shirt | Forever 21 (similar in other colors; similar)
Necklace | eBay (same for only $15)
Bracelet | LOFT (similar)
Skirt | LOFT (similar)
Shoes | Ann Taylor (good option in a wedge and block heel)


No comments:

Post a Comment